Recent Posts From Our Blog
The discussion of global warming is one of the best topics for your essay. The main aim here is not to perform scientific research that would become the final word on the theme of global warming. All you have to do is to perform a strong research, highlight all the necessary aspects, write your paper and finally get a good grade.
So, here are some easy steps of essay writing on global warming subject.
Step 1: Introduction
- Start your essay with a couple of sentences that define the subject of global warming. Then notice that the subject is a contentious one. This is the best strategy of avoiding criticism and demonstrating your awareness of the topic.
- Create an attention getter. It might be an interesting question, fact, or statistics. Don’t forget to cite the sources you use!
- Then present a short summary or some background information (2-3 sentences).
- Formulate your thesis statement.
Step 2: Body
In you first body paragraph, you should discuss causes of global warming and provide some supporting information. Here you may talk about the following things:
- Power plants that burn fossil fuel and produce harmful carbon dioxide emissions.
- Carbon dioxide emissions caused by burned gasoline used for transportation.
- Methane emissions produced by animal farms, agriculture like rice paddies and Arctic seabeds.
- Destruction of forests for wood and farmland.
- Increasing usage of chemical fertilizers.
In your second body paragraph, you may discuss effects of global warming and provide supporting information. Here are some issues to talk about:
- Rise of the sea levels.
- Increasing intensity of the most dangerous storms worldwide.
- A damaging effect on water supplies, as a result – crop failures.
- Destruction and modification of wild animals’ habitat, as a result – extinction of species.
- Coral reefs disappearance.
In your third paragraph talk about the possible ways of solving a problem. Here are some of them:
- Considering if driving is essential.
- Reducing the use of appliances like air conditioners, water heaters and freezers that release carbon into the atmosphere.
- Trees plantation and making cities and towns more eco-friendly.
- Reducing the usage of plastic bags.
- Using more energy efficient bulbs.
- Making recycling programs more global.
- Preventing disposal of industrial waste into the environment.
Step 3: Conclusion
In your conclusion, you should sum the things up and just give a short and memorable message. (Read also about: What is a Synopsis)
So, let’s sum the things up. In your global warming essay you should include:
- Causes: carbon dioxide, methane, chemical fertilizers, burned gasoline, etc.
- Effects: changing climate, increasing intensity of weather disasters, crop failures, extinction of wild species, etc.
- Ways of solving a problem: reducing appliances, harmful driving, usage of plastic bags, increasing trees plantation, developing recycling programs, etc.
- Don’t forget to support your arguments with the quotations from reliable sources, like recent year’s journals and newspapers, proven Internet resources and researches.